Are you a human services professional with outstanding customer service skills who excels in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of Idaho’s children and families? If this sounds like a good fit to you, we are seeking applicants for a Family Services Worker – Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (PSR) to join our Child and Family Services team.
- The PSR Family Services Worker position requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral science, education, or healthcare from a nationally accredited university or college.
- The PSR Family Services Worker must be able to work autonomously and within teams while gaining extensive knowledge of Child and Family Services activities, programs, and policies.
- The PSR Family Services Worker must display reliability, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, effective business writing skills, a high level of professionalism, and an exceptional ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks.
- Punctuality and dependability are key for this position.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation’s best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and visioninsurance-full-time employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist Family Services Worker making $24.48/hour to an estimated $35.76/hour.
This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time, and temporary positions.
Applications for this position are good for 90 days. If you are still interested in this position after 90 days, you must reapply.
This is an ongoing announcement which means at the time applicants apply, we may or may not have an opening. Those applicants that take and pass the exam to show they meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the eligibility list. When a position becomes available, a hiring/referred list will be created from the qualified applicants on the eligibility list. A hiring supervisor will then directly contact those applicants they wish to interview.
Make sure you have indicated on your application which geographic areas you are willing to work. These selections are made under Agency Questions. Failing to select a location you are interested in may result in not being included on a referred/hiring list for that location, even if you passed the exam.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. In addition, successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation.
Example of Duties
- Searches and analyzes child welfare history
- Completes collateral contacts and collects other documentation such as police reports
- Conducts child interviews
- Conducts interviews with caregivers
- Refers youth or family to community services
- Conducts follow up meetings with parents and youth
- Creates and manages safety plans with families as needed
- Develops service/treatment plans and skill training programs
- Interacts with clients and families
- Visits clients and collateral contacts to observe clients and services
- Ensures client access to services
- Supports client/family in achieving rehabilitative goals
- Manages at-risk behavior and performs crisis intervention
- Ensures least restrictive environment and treatment alternatives
- Provides emergency crisis intervention and after hours on-call services
Foster Care Licensing
- Completes relicenses with supervisory review
- Conducts licensing visits and draft family biography
- Completes home environment checklist and narratives
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Good knowledge of human services principles and practices to include behavioral management methods, social and family systems, cognitive behavioral education, and case management methods. Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral science, education, or healthcare from a nationally accredited university or college. Your bachelor’s degree must have included at least twenty-one (21) semester credit hours (or quarter hour equivalent) in human service fields such as psychology, social work, special education, counseling, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Computer literacy for data entry, electronic mail, composing reports and letters, and storing and retrieving documents.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
If this position interests you, you might also be interested in our Case Aide-Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist.
**Don’t have a degree as described above for the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist positions? Then you might be interested in our Client Services Technician_ position._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.48 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location