The Division of Emergency Management is hiring a Federal Program Specialist that:
- Independently provides direction and coordination in the administration of federal program grants;
- Reviews applications for expected state impact and determines the compatibility of proposed activities with existing state policies and plans;
- May project and develop funding allocations for third parties;
- Oversees fund-matching requirements and indirect costs.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Independently evaluates/reconciles/researches discrepancies/provides coordination planning regarding fed awards.
- Ensures compliance with Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Coordinates preparation/submission of quarterly reports as stipulated by CFR.
- Ensures activities are within the awarded budget/funding/supporting documents are accurate/auditable enabling specific federal cash drawdowns to be obtained.
- Liaison with federal/state auditors prior to/during onsite audit reviews.
- Coordinates senior level fiscal review for all grant programs.
- Monitors agency expenditures & revenues to ensure accuracy, transparency, & to ensure compliance w/budgets & policies.
- Prepares & maintains personnel budget documents & records for budgeting purposes & advises management on fiscal personnel matters.
- Acts as a liaison in the review & preparation of budget modifications.
- Submits budget adjustments & correcting entries to ensure accurate federal drawdown & to substantiate correct allotments as established by the state office of management & budget.
- Analyzes & monitors spending & budget trends, alerting managers to remain within imposed budgetary limits & compliance.
- Analyzes federal/state programs/regulations to provide technical assistance to division staff for compliance with state/federal regulations/laws/guidelines/policies/procedures.
- Assists in formulation of policies affecting compliance/audit matters to ensure spending/budget/admin compliance.
- Serves as administrative support for analysis/formulation/admin budgeting/policy planning with regard to programmatic areas assigned to branch.
- Performs work in plan/develop/coordinating multiple activities in collect/process/report of financial processes.
- Liaison with other states/local agencies and/or aids the affected state during times of extreme disaster.
- Provides technical assistance/training to state and county agencies ensuring aid to the affected state is appropriately documented pursuant to fed guidelines when seeking reimbursement.
- Compiles essential documents ensuring partners adhere to program compliance/including policies/procedures/financial matters.
- Supports SEOC activations.
- Maintains fiscal proof of activation/expenditures.
- Serves as liaison with federal partners to develop/finalize documents for financial compliance as it relates to disasters in the Commonwealth.