Responsible for sorting, and transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste. Will ensure compatibility and safety processes at all time for each job and lab pack services provided to customers. Some travel will be required as this position will fill in at outside locations as necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist in the segregation of chemicals by hazard class; packing compatible materials in appropriate containers and preparing for transportation; completing necessary paperwork per job.
- Determines and loads supplies needed for job completion and travels to various industry, laboratory, and school sites to perform lab pack services.
- Assists in characterizing materials at field project sites.
- Follows proper placarding and load segregation requirements when transporting hazardous materials.
- Develop good client relations by effectively communicating with Customers.
- Directs Field Technicians/Drivers assisting with waste collection.
- Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management /assessment and cylinder handling.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: Four-year college degree (Science or environmental majors preferred) or 2+years related experience required.
Experience: Prior lab packing or environmental waste experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the Environmental Services Industry. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
Requirements: Due to potential exposure to atmospheres/waste/materials this position requires that you must be able to be clean shaven at all times to don a respirator for your protection. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, DOT physical, and drug screen; obtain a Class B CDL w/hazmat endorsement within 6 months of hire date. Must meet all Heritage Driving Qualifications. Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record search to company standards. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran