Pay Rate: None –
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, Montana’s only AAA Four Diamond resort, is seeking a Front Desk Supervisor to join our team .
This position directly supervises front desk personnel and ensures proper completion of all front desk duties. Works closely with the Front Office Manager and Owner/Operator to direct the activities of the front desk, bellman, and valet.
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, part of Averill Hospitality, offers full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana’s premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake.
If this sounds of interest to you, we’d love to get to know you!
Housing dependent on availability.
- Responsible for the training of front office agents, ensuring hospitality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all guest concerns and requests are resolved promptly and properly.
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all daily, weekly and period end checklists as prescribed by the Front Office Manager.
- Designated trainer for all Front Office staff.
- Maintains all Front Desk logs and materials including information binders, phone lists, and training materials.
- Always wears the proper uniform. Requires all front office associates to always wear proper uniforms.
- Enforces all cash handling and credit policies.
- Regular attendance of standup meetings in the morning when the Front Office Manager is absent.
- Schedule flexibility required, days, evening, and weekends, required, Night Audit shifts as needed.
- Red Book Maintenance including entering all events and details on a weekly basis, reading all notes, following up on any outstanding maintenance concerns, and following up with all guest problems, complaints and requests.
- Updating Event Binder including keeping all catering, event calendars, and group turnovers up to date as well as organizing and being sure that this tool is up to speed for all staff to use.
- Maintain all logs including ski ticket logs, patience voucher logs, and package logs. Notifies Front Office Manager when inventories are low.
- Be a point of contact for guest billing questions after checkout when Front Office Manager is not available.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Requirements and Core Competencies –
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and over the phone, with Staff, Senior Management team members, and Ownership.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to all Averill Hospitality policies and ensure departmental personnel compliance.
- Ability and willingness to work with various office equipment and software systems.
- Valid driver’s license necessary to aid in shuttles if needed.
- Must maintain a positive influence in the community and positive relations with area vendors.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team environment, and prioritizes the team’s success above own interests.
- Quality – Meets productivity standards, completes work promptly, strives to increase productivity, works quickly and efficiently.
- Guest Service – Responds promptly to guests’ needs and takes ownership of the overall guest experience.
- Professionalism – Respectably approaches others, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Profitability – Makes a conscientious effort to help minimize waste of products, equipment, and supplies to increase the department’s profitability and the entire property.
- Leadership- responsible for leading Front Desk Agents daily to ensure the overall success of the team.
- Business Degree (in Business Administration or Hospitality) an asset but not required.
Experience/ Licenses Or Certificates
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospitality industry an asset.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 20 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Additional InformationSCHEDULE / HOLIDAYS/ PTO
This position requires regular, reliable, and punctual attendance. A Front Desk Supervisor is expected to usually keep a 5-day-a-week schedule but adjust as needed according to business needs; for example, a 6-day week may be required during peak business periods. A workweek of up to 50 hours per week can be expected. However, it can be more or less, depending on business needs. Working evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required. Holidays and PTO are in accordance with the AH Exempt Employee policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Typically, PTO will not be permitted during June 15 – September 15 and December 15 – January 5.
Averill Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.