Full-Time Faculty: Physical Therapy (School of Health Sciences)
Job Number: 494651
Campus: North Haven – North Haven, CT
The Department of Physical Therapy at Quinnipiac University (QU) invites applications for (2) full-time open rank faculty positions. These (2) positions will begin in July 2023 with rank and line (tenure, tenure-track, or clinical) commiserating with experience. Teaching responsibilities include instruction of entry-level DPT students in orthopedic/musculoskeletal or administration/management specialties. These full-time faculty positions will have a designated scholarly agenda and service responsibilities relative to the strategic plan of the PT Department and aligned with individual interests.
**About the School/Program:
The Department of Physical Therapy is part of the School of Health Sciences. The Quinnipiac University School of Health Sciences offers a comprehensive spectrum of health science programs designed to address the evolving health needs of a diverse society. Building upon a solid foundation in the basic sciences and liberal arts and using innovative teaching and hands-on experience, the School of Health Sciences seeks to integrate theory, research, and leadership in their disciplines and in the global community. The School of Health Sciences offers a student-centered learning environment with inter professional collaboration within and across the schools and colleges of the University.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Develop and/or identify, implement, and monitor pedagogical practices to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of instruction in meeting program /departmental and accreditation requirements
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with community, clinical, academic, and relevant organizational entities to further PT Department’s strategic plan
- Contribute to the ongoing quality improvement of the DPT Program, Department of Physical Therapy, and School of Health Sciences through program evaluation
- Meet teaching, advising, service, and scholarship expectations as described in the Faculty Handbook
- All applicants must hold at a minimum clinical doctoral degree (DPT) awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE). Academic terminal degrees (PhD, DSc, ScD, EdD, and ABD) will be considered with record of teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Candidates must be licensed (or eligible for licensure) in the State of Connecticut, an active member of APTA, and have a minimum of 5 years of documented experience as a physical therapist.
- DPT & OSC certification or Academic doctorate (PhD, DSc, ScD, or EdD); ABD required record of teaching, scholarship, and service for orthopedic/musculoskeletal specialty area position.
- Ability to teach in one or more of the following content/practice areas: professional issues, administration and management, orthopedic/musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment, or other areas of contemporary expertise.
- Evidence of strong teaching skills and use of instructional technology.
- Commitment to scholarly agenda, community engagement, and professional advocacy.
Experience must include:
- Clinical practice as a physical therapist with experience working inter-professionally and supervising physical therapy students in applicable clinical setting.
- For tenure/tenure-track appointments, academic doctorate (PhD, DSc, ScD, EdD, or ABD) with evidence of scholarly agenda (e.g., scholarship of application, discovery, integration, or teaching) through peer-reviewed publication, presentations, or ongoing scholarly endeavors.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Clinical practice management as a physical therapist with experience working inter-professionally and supervising physical therapy students.
- Managerial experience as clinical director, partner, or similar administrative position.
- Volunteer service to a professional organization which has application to physical therapy.
- Advanced specialty certification and training (OCS, GCS, NCS, etc.)
- Mentorship of a capstone/research project(s) in a Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: _ Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit _https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: September 19, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Job Type: Full-time