From The Forest, LLC. is a local designer / manufacturer of elite engineered hardwood flooring and wallplanks. Founded in 2007 by Tryggvi Magnusson, we have experienced over fifteen years of significant growth and unprecedented success in the hardwood flooring industry. Our core competencies include growth / development of our team members, product innovations, environmental focus, vertical supply chain integration and American-made-products. Our employees, supervisors and leaders are laser-focused and passionate about manufacturing top-of-the-line, safe and sustainable products for our customers that are beautiful, durable and high performing. We seek motivated, reliable employees who share our passion and drive for success at-all-costs. If you present a strong work ethic, reliable / consistently good attendance, a desire to succeed, learn and grow your career in a fun, friendly, safe and productive workplace…FTF LLC. wants to talk to you! Starting wages for General Labor / Quality Assurance are $17.50 per hour with a $.50/hr additional shift premium for 2nd shift and a $1.00/hr additional shift premium for 3rd shift. Experienced wood, glue and UV line machine operators can make much more depending upon manufacturing experience. We will train the right, motivated individuals with an eye for detail, quality focus, safe work habits and a strong desire to grow / advance your career. More than just a job…we grow and develop our people…into careers in the wood manufacturing industry.
Career Position: General Labor / Quality Assurance, 3rd Shift Sunday thru Thursday 9:30pm to 6:00am; starting wage $18.50 per hour
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate wood production machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our production team as a General Laborer / Quality Assurance. This is an entry level position in the wood manufacturing segment with significant growth potential.
As a General Laborer, you may be assigned to any workstation inside the facility and will cross-train in many positions to be ready to support the team as needed at any time. This position has an emphasis on quality assurance and is required to monitor and inspect product throughout the manufacturing process to assure it meets company quality specifications and customer expectations.
- Cross-train on several lines to perform several job duties as needed throughout the warehouse.
- Proceed all tasks with caution with safety in mind
- Accurately and efficiently pull, organize and stack planks of various sizes and weights as they move down a conveyor.
- Hand-eye coordination for applying putty to boards with minor defects.
- Perform a visual inspection of the product to determine compliance with order specifications and the company’s quality control outline for conformity to specified standards.
- Perform in-process board repair as needed.
- Remove non-conforming products from the manufacturing process and determine whether products should be re-worked, placed into economy brand inventory, or scrapped.
- Communicate with line operators and other quality assurance personnel regarding significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities.
- Ability to learn various tasks and retain a level of knowledge in tasks learned and perform effectively in an environment that requires multiple functions and responsibilities.
- Use precision measuring instruments as needed including calipers, micrometers, loops, digital balance scales, go/no go gages, US/metric tape measure, and square.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company quality assurance standards.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds; frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 60 pounds. The vision requirements include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to differentiate between colors.
If you are likely to get motion sickness, this position may not be a good fit for you.
In return for your commitment, FTF offers full-time employees comprehensive benefits after 60 days of employment. Benefits include health, dental, and a complimentary life insurance policy. Up to 75% of the health insurance premiums are paid by the company. A $300 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment. We also offer 401k, 80 hours of paid time off, a competitive wage, and a rewarding work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Weston, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Precision measuring instruments: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location