The Illinois Tollway is dedicated to providing and promoting a safe and efficient system of highways while ensuring the highest possible level of service to our customers. Whether it’s I-PASS, the Move Illinois Program, open road tolling or keeping you safe with our H.E.L.P. trucks, we are committed to delivering great benefits and services to customers.
The Tollway is a user-fee system – no state or federal tax dollars are used to support maintenance and operations. Operations are funded by toll and concession revenues.
Under the leadership of the Board of Directors and Executive Staff, the Tollway is committed to achieving the following goals: increase collaboration with regional transportation and planning agencies, promote the regional economy, maintain financial integrity, foster environmental responsibility and sustainability, maintain the safety and efficiency of the Tollway system, further transparency and accountability, enhance customer service, and maintain public trust.
In support of this mission, the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) General Manager: Provides technical and functional expertise to plan, analyze, define, and implement high-level software strategies. Provides technical guidance and management of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) encompassing application development, maintenance, and support activities. Serves as the IT business liaison responsible for the strategic implementation of new technology solutions that enhance business efficiency and support organizational goals.
The ERP General Manager is responsible for all ERP application development, maintenance, and support activities which include the following:
- Provide leadership and management of the SAP ERP application portfolio, current and future application architecture, and strategy direction.
- Partner with IT leadership and business departments in the development, prioritization, and implementation of strategic plans / roadmaps for new technology solutions which improve operations and enhance business efficiency.
- Serve as the IT business liaison managing effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and personnel.
- Direct the activities of multiple technical and operational staffs for application development and support, empowering and encouraging innovation.
- Maintain a high level of system support and availability to ensure customer service expectations and requirements are met or exceeded.
- Manage and regularly report on service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work closely with technical infrastructure teams on system and technology integrations and technical architecture design.
- Forecast costs and maintain budgets.
- Provide support and management of the IT governance framework, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, and related IT policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement best practices for ERP application development and maintenance.
- Provide oversight and direction in all phases of the software development life cycle from analysis and design, configuration, program code modification, testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Provide oversight and direction for end user role-based security administration.
- Support application risk assessments (e.g., data, security, SOX controls) and assist in determining inadequacies and deficiencies, and the development of risk mitigation and remediation plans.
- Coordinate responses to audit requests.
- Assist with development of RFIs, RFPs, and evaluation criteria for vendor proposals, products, and services.
- Stay current on IT trends and news.
Skills and Experience (Required)
- 10+ years in IT and 5+ years supervisory experience leading IT application teams.
- Advanced to expert-level knowledge and understanding of SAP ERP software key business functions.
- Advanced to expert-level knowledge and understanding of IT SDLC processes including IT service management concepts and implementation methodologies.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, planning, budgeting, project management, judgement and communication abilities are critical. The individual should demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgement, and have the ability to achieve results through others.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of multiple concurrent projects serving multiple constituencies and sponsors.
- Proven experience in leading functional and technical teams and providing significant technical and non-technical mentorship.
- Proven experience managing software vendors and contract requirements.
- Strong business acumen and customer relationship management skills.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products and organizational change management (OCM).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
The Illinois Tollway is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, unfavorable discharge from military services, age, order of protection status, military status, sex or sexual orientation.