Position: GIS Technician I
Location: Suitland, MD (Census Bureau)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen
Work Arrangement: Remote until 2023 then will be onsite
- This is a direct position in GIS data enhancement and maintenance using ESRI and custom GIS software.
- Evaluate, edit, and check street centerline, hydrography, and other data layers (graphics and attributes), using custom map production tools.
- Using computer software will include revisions and edits of GIS drawings and files. Edits made according to the instructions provided by the supervisors.
- Additions or deletions of highlighted boundary or shape files
- Reading instruction provided with the shape files
- Reshaping road layers that should not be over lapping with the Hydro layers
- Maintaining live spatial data in a secured environment.
- Editing, modifying, and creating various data layers.
- Will maintain daily production schedule and work with customized data automation tools and procedures
- Experience with ArcGIS (workstation and desktop); Arc View, AutoCAD Map.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Some knowledge of civil engineering, cartography surveying and drafting.
- Experience with ArcSDE, ArcIMS, Cartography, Imagery, and understanding of Databases.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to share GIS knowledge with other team members.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related field.
- 1+ years of experience; internship in geospatial field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled