Frankfort, KY 40622 USA
By joining our Office of Budget and Fiscal Management, Division of Accounts, General Accounting Branch as a/an Graduate Accountant I in Franklin County, you’ll have the opportunity to perform general accounting duties including reporting, accounts receivable, invoicing, and cross training.
Holders of the Graduate Accountant I position will complete tasks such as:
- Monthly A/R Reports and Payroll Errors Reports
- Monthly GASB34 No Program Report and portions of the Financial Report to Management
- Monitor and Maintain Task Orders
- Monitor FEMA Activity and cross train
Holders of this job will obtain the following skills:
- Learn several areas of the EMARS Accounting System
- Teamwork and sharing of responsibilities
- Develop good communication skills
- Learn the EMARS Reporting System including Kentucky Transportation Enterprise Database
Desired candidates possess the following requisite skills or experience applicable to the position:
- EMARS Reporting and Accounting System
- KYTC TED (Transportation Enterprise Database) Reporting System
- Teamwork, Communication, Sharing of Responsibilities
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. KYTC will only use E- Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that KYTC has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/
If you are looking for a rewarding career with a culture of employee involvement, where teamwork is the norm and measurement of performance is essential, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is for you!