Frankfort, KY 40621 USA
The agency may authorize the selected candidate to telecommute. The agency may terminate or modify the telecommuting arrangement at any time.
In the Department of General Accounting (DGA) you will Audit, Analyze, problem solve, process payment invoices, and Travel Reimbursement. You wont have to worry about your work day going by slow, we are never with out work and we regularly hold competitions and races to see who can finish the most in a day, week, or month. There is never a dull moment. We strive in turning the difficult into who can solve the problem first. We give out an Employee of the Month award that is nominated by your peers each month. In DGA we are a team that works together to push each other to their greatest so that our Department can exceed the expectations of our mission all while enjoying every moment.
As a Graduate accountant you will be responsible for carrying out:
- The application of accounting principles, methods, and Procedures in the establishment, analysis and maintenance of complex accounting records within a financial management system OR within the single designated organization of a Cabinet or Designated Department responsible for auditing, and processing payment invoices into eMARS such as: delivery orders, purchase orders, Master agreements, purchase orders.
- In addition you will audit invoices for both in-state and out-of-state travel reimbursements including vouchers for meals, lodging, and resident city mileage for accuracy and adherence to State regulations set forth by the Finance Cabinet and the policies and procedures of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
- Train other team members on how to Audit, Analyze, and Process payments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent listening, verbal, written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to gather information, analyze, and problem solve.
- Possess strategic thinking and decision making abilities.
- Retains the emotional intelligence to communicate and reduce the intensity of agitated people.
- Investigative skills.
- Sense of humor in the face of stressful moment.
- Multitask on several Projects at once.
- Prioritize work.
CHFS participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. CHFS will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that CHFS has violated its E- Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/.