East Lake Golf Club is recruiting individuals to join their Agronomy Team in order to maintain the golf course and property grounds to elite standards. The Agronomy Team is looking to fill the position with an ideal candidate who:
- DOES NOT USE DRUGS RECREATIONALLY AND CAN PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.
- IS ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND IS WILLING TO BE OPEN AND HONEST ABOUT THEIR PAST CRIMINAL HISTORY, IF THEY HAVE ONE.
- Has a basic understanding of the game of golf and how it is played.
- Enjoys the outdoors and has the ability work in hot weather, cold weather, and also rainy weather.
- Is available to work every other weekend.
- Doesn’t mind working seasonal overtime.
- Likes to work with other people and makes sure to “pull their weight” when doing so.
- Has the ability to work effectively with a group or by his or herself.
- Doesn’t mind having to occasionally stay late for work on short notice.
- Enjoys working in a fun, easy-going, hardworking, atmosphere.
If the above accurately describes yourself, then you will enjoy becoming part of our team. If you do, you will have the opportunity to help us prepare the golf course for two nationally televised: The TOUR Championship in August and the East Lake Cup at the end of October. The TOUR Championship is the tournament that Tiger Woods made his famous comeback to golf with his 80th win. The East Lake Cup is a collegiate event and is televised on the GOLF channel. These tournaments will give you the opportunity to share your hard work with all of your family and friends via television.
The responsibilities associated with the position include: raking bunkers, backpack blowing, mowing greens, weed eating, pulling weeds, installing mulch and pine straw, debris removal, sod work, spraying weeds, mowing of the tee grounds, collars, aprons, approaches, fairways, rough and general preparations for daily play. Individuals must be able to operate machinery efficiently and in a safe fashion. The candidate must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, walk several miles every morning, and must present a professional appearance at all times while on property
The Full-Time position available will work 6:00 A.M. until 2:45 P.M. on Monday-Friday and be required to work five hours on Saturday and Sunday every other weekend from 6:00 A.M. until 11:00 A.M.
The full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment, health savings account, long term disability, 401k, annual bonus program, profit sharing plan, paid time off accrual, uniforms and limited golfing privileges.
Salary: $15.50/ Hour
Experience: Golf Course or Landscape Experience preferred.
Do not accept applicants via linkedin:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location