R. J. Corman Railroad serves all seven North American major railroads, many regional and short line railroads and dozens of industries having rail. Services include owning and operating eleven short lines, providing emergency rail services associated with derailments and natural disasters, switching, track construction, track material distribution, signal design/construction, building switching locomotives and operating a dinner train.
R.J. Corman Railroad Services is currently seeking Full-time Heavy Equipment Operators/Laborers for our Fargo ND division in West Fargo, ND.
Accountability: Operates and performs preventative maintenance and minor repair on heavy equipment. Operation and equipment knowledge at a well-developed level is required. Safely drive and operate CDL-A required vehicles while following DOT regulations.
- Operates Heavy or Specialized equipment. (i.e. Rubber Tire Loader, Trackhoe, Dozer, Backhoe, Crane, etc.)
- Demonstrate experienced operation and equipment knowledge.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heavy or specialized equipment.
- May assist with supervision of small crew as necessary.
- Maintains proper equipment appearance and cleanliness.
- May perform labor duties as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor throughout the job process.
- Basic mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot simple mechanical failures.
- Practices safe working habits.
- Ensures working conditions are safe and that proper PPE is being used as job duties require.
- Safely drive, operate, and maintain CDL A required vehicles and equipment.
- Follow DOT regulations; ensuring proper permits and driving regulations are followed.
- Live within 45 minutes of the shop.
- Possess a current CDL-A and DOT medical card.
- Extensive travel is required.
FMCSA Clearinghouse registration will be required for CDL candidates in order to provide electronic consent for pre-employment queries.
Registration can be completed at https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/register
Click the link below for step-by-step registration instruction.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge, or Education and Experience: Previous experience and familiarity in operation of equipment. CDL-A License and demonstrated performance operating CDL-A required vehicles. Basic mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot simple mechanical failures is needed.
Physical Requirements: Mobility to participate in frequent travel to and from the project location; ability to operate heavy equipment; Agility to navigate into confined spaces if necessary.
Environmental Conditions: Performs duties in multiple environments including outside construction project settings, in and around moving vehicles and equipment. Exposure to weather elements; must wear appropriate PPE required for the project site.
Benefits: R.J Corman Railroad Group, LLC is committed to providing its employees and their families with quality benefits. R.J Corman offers health, dental, vision, voluntary short term disability, voluntary long term disability, voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance, voluntary hospital indemnity insurance, voluntary identity theft protection, and flexible spending account benefits to all full-time employees. Other non-health benefits include paid holidays, paid time off, the Work-Life Balance Employee Assistance Program and a 401K retirement savings plan.
R.J Corman Railroad is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to a safe and drug free work place. R.J Corman performs pre-employment criminal background checks and substance abuse testing which includes a hair and urine drug tests to detects the presence of illegal drugs. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping R.J Corman a safe and drug free company.