Williamstown KY 41097 USA
By joining our Structures Section in Grant County as a Highway Technician Assistant I, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of classroom and in-field trainings to allow for continued education to become specialized in road and construction maintenance and operations.
Holders of the Highway Technician Assistant I position will complete tasks such as:
- Hauling materials to and from job sites.
- Operating dump trucks with snow plow and salt spreader to work in the winter months.
- Operate a tractor-type mowing machine, assist in brush cutting, and use chemical sprayers.
- Learn and assist with basic surveying activities on construction projects.
- Flag for operations requiring traffic control.
Holders of this job title will obtain:
- Experience working on rough terrain and in changing climates
- Experience working with strict deadlines
- Experience completing shift or on-call schedules
- Experience in equipment operation for road maintenance
We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. KYTC will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that KYTC has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/.