The Night Auditor is responsible for computing, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. The Night Auditor is directly responsible for the prompt and efficient balancing of the day’s transactions of the entire hotel and F&B outlets. Check in and check out of guests and for meeting many other guest needs during their stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Key responsibilities for the Night Auditor include:
· Auditing all charges and posting and correcting work as necessary and balance the day’s work
· Reconciling daily activity and closing all accounts in preparation for the new business day
· Checking guest in and out of the hotel in a efficient, courteous and professional manner
· Processing all payment according to hotel requirements
· Responding to guest needs in a timely manner
· Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice
· Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
· Complete all items on the Overnight checklist by end of shift.
· Follow established key control policy.
· Ensure proper credit policies are followed. Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
· Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
· Verify credit limit report.
- Maintain working knowledge of security procedures
· Support other departments as needed.
· Attend meetings/training as required by management
· Perform other duties as assigned by management
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Must have completed High School or GED Diploma
- Previous front desk experience preferably in luxury hotel.
- Knowledge of Opera and Micros a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have an operational knowledge of Excel
Safety Requirements: (List any safety or sanitation requirements under first paragraph)
All Associates are required to abide by all Safety rules and ensure they perform each task by practicing safe work habits. Any associate who incurs any type of injury is required to report immediately to their immediate supervisor or the Security Officer on duty.
Language Requirements: (Listed are the minimum Language requirements, please list any additional ones the role may require):
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests;
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms;
- Proficiency in effectively presenting information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers;
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German is a plus
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; full dexterity in use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- Night audit: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location