The Human Resources Consultant is responsible for employee relations, payroll, recruitment, compensation, and turnover/retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation; disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
2. Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
3. Provide consultation to managers and employees when human resources issues arise with efficient problem-solving.
4. Develop onboarding strategies and conduct new employee orientation.
5. Collaborate with managers in the coordination of staffing and recruitment strategy and processes.
6. Create and maintain human resources reports on HRIS software and other software such as status reports, compensation analysis reports, new hire and termination reports, ad-hoc reports, etc.
7. Assist Associate Director – Human Resources with immigration compliance.
8. Assist with the management of employee programs such as employee and retiree recognition.
9. Execute the processing of more complex employee/payroll actions.
10. Prepare and import mass compensation increases for both union and non-union employees.
11. Conduct/participate in employee disciplinary meetings, union grievance meetings, terminations and investigations.
12. Assist Special Project Consultant with HR-related implementations.
13. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
14. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resource, talent management, and employment law.
15. Serve as backup to HR Associate by learning the submission of payroll in absence of the HR Associate and HR Processor.
16. Other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
Six months to two years’ experience in one or more Human Resources functions.
- Prior experience in a Human Resources Generalist role preferred, with history of effectively resolving strategic and employee relations issues
- Prior experience implementing organization design and change management concepts and interventions
- Ability to tactfully and confidently interact with as well as influence internal and external customers at all levels in the business
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including coaching and counseling capabilities, interpersonal and team building skills, and partnering abilities
- Discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills
- Solid proficiency in MS Office Suite with ability to generate queries/reports and analyze data to execute sound business decisions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS (Paylocity) and talent management systems (PeopleAdmin).
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Commensurate with experience
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm