The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) currently has a Human Services Assistant opening in the Economic and Employment Support Services Unit. This position will earn $12.35/hr.
As a Human Services Assistant, you will:
- Provide direct program and clerical assistance to the Economic and Employment Support Services Unit.
- Performs receptionist duties for the office. Determines the client’s needs and refers to appropriate person for assistance or takes the necessary information to make an appropriate referral for the customers.
- Supports the BPM process by receiving initial Economic and Employment Support applications; screens and registers applications, which involved inquiry of customer information in agency computer systems, saving existing or creating new customer information and case number information as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the unit supervisor.
- For the purpose of receiving requests for services and/or assistance and for giving or obtaining information pertaining to DCF services and programs, you will have daily contact with clients and co-workers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid Driver’s License
- Independent work experience in office/support work
- Basic computer skills and software application skills
- Ability to understand and interpret written materials, oral as well as written instructions
- Reception – front desk experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our State Employment Center at www.jobs.ks.gov to apply. Please call 785-230-6104 if you need any assistance in the application process.
The Department for Children and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.’
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.35 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location