Note: Student and Casual Employees are not eligible to apply for “PCC Only” job postings.
The Tutoring Services and Co-Curricular Support Department is seeking a full-time Instructional Administrative Assistant (IAA 2) to join our district team of support staff. The position is located in the Student Learning Center at Cascade campus and supports Tutoring Services (including the Reading and Writing Center, Science Tutoring Lab, Student Learning Center, and Presentation Practice Lab), Learning Gardens, and STEAM Centers.
We encourage self-motivated candidates who enjoy working both independently as well as on a team to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while working with a diverse team of colleagues, staff, students, and academic departments.
We are committed to a culture which values belonging, justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. A demonstrated commitment to culturally responsive and inclusive services designed to improve equitable educational outcomes for college students is required for this position.
- Creates and tracks key administrative hiring paperwork for all employees.
- Communicates with students, staff, and the public through email, social media, verbal, and visual avenues.
- Receives, processes, tracks and monitors part-time faculty, casual, and student time sheets; resolves associated pay issues.
- Coordinates and supports the front desk for campus location, including greeting students, faculty, staff and various customers that access the services in the department. Assists in resolving problems and ensures satisfactory customer service. Resolve a variety of office problems independently.
- Inputs schedule information into department systems for all Tutoring and Co-curricular Centers.
- Runs reports using ARGOS, BANNER, Excel and other software programs for the management team.
- Monitors and tracks expenditures for the department. Utilizes a college purchasing card and ensures adherence to college purchasing guidelines.
- Provides input and recommendations to campus-based manager regarding Front Desk casual employees, Student Workers, and/or Work Study new hires. Provides training for the work activities of assigned student workers and casual front desk staff, including coordinating coverage for any absences.
- Participates on committees to stay engaged with the college and district as a whole. Represents for and informs others of our various programs, including organizing classroom visits and presentations for new students.
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people verbally and in writing.
- Ability to change, prioritize and complete tasks in a fast-paced customer service environment while using desktop and online applications.
- Previous work experience working collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Show evidence of a commitment to learning about cultural competency and supporting students, faculty, and staff and those from communities with historically marginalized identities, including, but not limited to: first generation students, students of color, queer and transgender students, and low-income students.
- Participates in ongoing reflection and professional development to grow awareness of one’s own cultural background and how it influences perceptions, values, and practices, and engages in the way these factors shape their relationship to students and staff.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, willingness to learn new technologies as appropriate, and flexibility while working with frequent interruptions.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
High school diploma or equivalent
Three years of administrative support experience or one year in a position equivalent to IAA I (college or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the administrative experience requirement).
Other equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
– 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year – 11 Paid holidays
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans’ Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report 2021 (ASR) is now available for viewing on the Department of Public Safety website: