The Intake Worker II (Shelter Advocate II) supports the Shelter Manager in oversight and coordination of all clients, intake staff, volunteers and activities of the Emergency Shelter of Waukesha Corps during designated shift. Work in collaboration with other staff members and departments.
About the role:
- Manages, coordinates and oversees all shelter operations, taking appropriate action to facilitate efficient operation involving program participants, staff, property and supportive services
- Assists with recording and maintaining daily statistical records of all shelter services on the weekdays
- Monitors and records, or oversees, non-food donations to the shelter each day
- Attends department staff meetings, community meetings, and other meetings as assigned
- Adjusts intake/shelter workers schedules on weekdays as needed; provides shift coverage during employee absences
- Supervises volunteers within the shelter program
- Meets with the supervisor weekly to review shelter operations
- Enters appropriate client records and monitors the accuracy of information in the HMIS
- Trains and assists staff and volunteers regarding policies, procedures and record keeping
- Evaluates new employees during employment orientation period, and reviews those with the supervisor
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier
- Two years’ experience in Human Services desired, with one year of experience working with the homeless population.
- Management experience preferred