Internal communication around the issues relating to People Strategy at all levels is strengthened, resulting in alignment of messaging and stronger staff engagement.
home basedExpected duration
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will support the Chief of the Duty of Care Section and will be responsible for:
- Developing an internal communication plan for the 2022 – 2026 OCHA People Strategy as part of efforts to improve organizational culture, promote staff engagement, and transparently report on progress, achievements, and challenges.
- Conceptualizing and designing communication campaigns for issues relating to the People Strategy
- Developing and implementing communication plan and campaigns for 2022-2023 period
- Producing and ensuring quality control of internal communication materials and products
- Piloting and enhancing staff listening and engagement platforms and channels
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communications, journalism, international relations, public relations, digital media, marketing, or related area is required.
Experience in conceptualizing, designing, and producing communications materials, and related documents for targeted audiences is required.
Experience in communications, including internal communications, at the United Nations or other international organizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.No Fee
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.