YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important To You Is Important To Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To evaluate, approve/disapprove moderately complex consumer loan applications, requests for refinancing, extension of existing loans, reinstatements of overdraft lines of credit, appeals, and changes or releases of collateral within approved lending limits. Work is performed under limited supervision.
Service the mortgage loans sold portfolio to investors through the performance of 3 critical functions: (1) remittance, (2) reporting and (3) reconciliation as mandated by GSEs’ (Ginnie Mae (GNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC) and Fannie Mae (FNMA)) and Private Investors’ guidelines. Responsible for understanding the various investors’ servicing guidelines as it pertains to the remittance, reporting and reconciliation of the mortgage sold loan portfolios in order to perform assigned tasks and deliverables on a timely and accurate basis.
- Stay abreast of applicable changes in the mortgage industry, as well as, changing or newly issued investors’ servicing guidelines/requirements, federal, state and industry laws and regulations in order to understand any impacts and/or changes to processes and tasks as directed by management
- Perform monthly custodial bank accounts, general ledger and P&I reconciliations, to include review, analysis of loan activity and financial data and research, identify and document differences or issues as they arise
- Perform daily and monthly validations and/or reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely remittances to investors
- Monitor, research and re-report daily loan rejects to ensure timely reporting to the investors
- Understand and process various default liquidations (i.e. short sales, REO, 3rd Party Sales, repurchases, make wholes, etc.) to ensure timely remittance and reporting to investors
- Process weekly bulk repurchase requests from Loss Mitigation and loan reclasses of Mortgage Loans Held for Investment (MLI)/Mortgage Loans Awaiting Sale (MLAS) from Mortgage Pricing or Capital Markets
- Monthly, prepare analysis and adjustment to investor cash balances, set up headers for investor sales and perform related sales reconciliations and adjustments, as well as, prepare reporting metrics of the investors’ portfolios
- Perform various monthly reporting tasks related to loan and pool adjustments in Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP) and GNMA’s Reporting and Feedback System (RFS) for NFCU’s largest mortgage sold portfolio
- Assist in the preparation and calculation of various schedules for net worth, capital requirement, liquid asset and insurance coverage as required for the annual compliance audits for GNMA and Federal Housing Administration (FHA), as well as, annual certifications for FNMA, FHLMC and Uniform Single
- Attestation Program (USAP), including reporting packages that are required to be delivered to the GSEs or Private investors
- Assist in the preparation and gathering of prepared by client (PBCs) for internal, external and GSEs reviews or audits
- Assist in the monthly preparation (i.e. model updates, journal entries, executive summaries, flux explanations, etc.) of the Risk Sharing and Representation and Warrants areas as directed by the Investor Reporting Analyst II or management
- Participate in Black Knight’s (BK) enhancements for MSP or investors initiatives by assisting management in the updates and execution of processes and tasks for the impacted areas
- Identify opportunities for process improvements on assigned areas of ownership and tasks and make recommendations for changes, as well as, assist in efforts to automated or streamline current processes
- Collaborate with investors and/or various business units (i.e. Servicing, Lending, Default, Capital Markets, etc.) to respond to inquiries or requests for loan information or to resolve and research reporting and remittance questions
- Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business units and/or across the organization
- Serve as mentor/trainer and provide guidance and assistance to team members and contractors
- Perform other duties and ad hoc request as assigned
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Agile and flexible to changes whether driven by mortgage industry, investors, company or department initiatives/mandates
- Working knowledge or experience of the mortgage industry
- Working knowledge of accounting, credit union, and/or lending principles and techniques
- Experience in applying accounting knowledge in performing transactions and reconciliation
- Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA and relevant mortgage investor guidelines
- Experience with investor reporting functions in a mortgage secondary marketing environment
- Experience identifying relevant analytical problems, determining appropriate diagnostic methods and solving unique and complex issues/problems
- Effective skills following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
- Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Advanced skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Advanced word processing and excel skills
Desired Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Experience or knowledge of GSEs (GNMA, FNMA, FHLMC)
- Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, systems, policies and procedures
- Experience with Black Knight’s Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP)
- Certified Public Accountant designation
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: Headquarters – 820 Follin Ln. Vienna, Virginia 22180
Greater Pensacola Operations – 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive Pensacola, FL 32526
Winchester Operations Campus – 141 Security Drive Winchester, VA 22602
West Coast Hub – 9999 Willow Creek Road San Diego, CA 92131
The salary range for this position is: $26.50 – $41.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish pay ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the pay range, based on your experience, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.