YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To serve as the technical subject matter expert for an assigned area providing moderately complex operational support to the organization. Ensure department objectives are met in operational stability, efficiency, asset management, change control, performance management, metric development, security, and integrity of systems. Provide operational support input related to application analysis, code review, design, and programming functions. Lead a support team that may or may not be matrixed.
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
• Oversee and coordinate recovery operations in the event of operational failure
• Recommend, develop, and maintain complete and accurate documentation for supported environments
• Lead and coordinate availability and performance monitoring activities and execution of scheduled maintenance activities
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting
• Perform analysis of applications and enhancements for process improvement or re-engineering
• Coordinate, document and evaluate unit testing for software defects
• Ensure compliance with NFCU’s ISD standards, practices and processes
• Initiate and prioritize multiple activities for assigned support area for completion of functions
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve recurring technical problems
• Coordinate integration of solutions with existing applications; identify and resolve existing and potential conflicts to ensure compatibility
• Serve on teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
• Build and maintain effective relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Ensure clear, concise and effective communication of material
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Working knowledge of development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
• Experience in Information Technology operations performance, reliability, and availability metrics
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, stakeholders and vendors diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Experience in leading, guiding and mentoring others
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
• Master’s degree in Information Technology
• Working knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Working knowledge of NFCU’s products, services, programs, policies and procedure
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $83,100 – $142,000 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.