IT Applications Manager – We offer competitive salary, great benefits, and work that matters to our community.
The Position: We are seeking to fill an IT Applications Manager position . We are looking for someone to ensure successful project implementation and maintain SHA’s repository of software applications.
The ideal candidate has:
- Proof of vaccination on first day of employment. Please read our vaccination policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Four additional years of directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the required degree
- Eight years of experience with developing and delivering business computer applications
- At least four years in project management and/or supervision
What will you do?
- Manage the planning, design, development, and implementation of computerized information systems solutions for business, engineering, and/or scientific problems to meet expanding or changing business requirements
- Provide senior technical leadership to the applications development group by being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of information technology and systems, how that direction will impact SHA, and how future and current systems can be used to the benefit of SHA
- Participate, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within specified budget
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff
- Interview and select employees and recommend transfer, reassignment, termination, and disciplinary actions
- Direct the evaluation, selection, and installation of software design, analysis, and engineering tools for the department
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing polices and procedures require change or development
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly status reports quantitatively as necessary to report results of staff and business unit activities
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate plans and activities including coordination to facilitate specific development projects that involve the database and on-line processing, the coordination of software upgrades, and the installation of new software applications, as well as those developed externally
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit/program/department initiatives and goals, agency core strategies and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork, and respect. Work respectfully and courteously with other employees, follow direction, and work well under pressure
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- We offer medical, dental, vision insurance, and Public Employees’ Retirement (PERS), if hired into an eligible position.
- We also offer generous paid leave and holidays
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunity for part-time remote work, depending on position
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
For additional information on the job, please see the full posting.
For information on our hiring practices, see our diversity policy and equity policy.