Typical Work Activities:
Positions Available in Riverhead and Yaphank
Covid Vaccination preferred but not required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
Participates in conferences with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to discuss diagnosis and treatment of patients and the social, environmental and emotional factors related to illness;
Provides social work services to patients, their relatives and other involved persons;
Prepares and maintains case reports and related records;
May conduct in-service training sessions for departmental staff.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of social work; thorough knowledge of the social factors which interact with physical and psychiatric illness; thorough knowledge of current literature and sources of information pertaining to medical social work; thorough knowledge of the structure and functioning of the particular clinic or the Infirmary; good knowledge of federal, state, local and departmental regulations pertaining to medical social work; good knowledge of community resources and how to use them effectively; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with families, colleagues, patients’ families and other agencies; ability to prepare clear and comprehensive case work records; ability to analyze information and to reach sound decisions on the basis of that information; ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from a college with federally-authorized accreditation or registration by NY State with a Master’s Degree in Social Work, including course fieldwork in a hospital, outpatient clinic, medical rehabilitation, medical care or mental health program.
NOTE: One (1) year of experience as a medical social worker in a hospital, outpatient clinic, medical rehabilitation facility or mental health facility may be substituted for the course fieldwork.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
a) At the time of appointment and throughout employment in this title, candidate must be Licensed as a Master Social Worker (LMSW) or be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the New York State Education Department.
b) At the time of appointment and throughout employment in this title, employees are required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State.· Full Medical for member and qualifying dependents through Suffolk County Employee Medical Health Plan: Employee contribution: 2.3% of base salary (or a minimum of $1,500 per year)
Tuition reimbursement available for work (approval based) related continued education.
· Flexible Spending Account (employee contribution) is available for Dependent Care $5,000 Maximum and Health Expenses $2,850 Maximum
· 13 Calendar year holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Election Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
· -Vacation Time: During the first year, employees are entitled to 10 Vacation days, earned at the rate of 2.75 per pay period totaling 10 days annually. Employees continue to earn vacation days in accordance with the schedule, reaching a maximum of 30 days per year. Unused vacation time rolls over each year until a maximum of 420 hours is reached.
· Sick Time: Earned at the rate of 1/2 day per pay period totaling 13 days annually. Unused sick time is rolled over each year, with no maximum rollover.
· Personal Leave: An employee is granted 4 days of personnel leave each year. Employees receive 7.5 hours on their 1st day and will accrue one additional day every quarter. After employee first anniversary 28 hours of personal days will be frontloaded at the beginning of each year worked. Unused personal time is rolled over into sick each year with no maximum rollover.
· Salary: Step increase every 12 months on July 1st completed year of service in addition to contractual raises through 2024.
· Membership in the New York State Retirement Pension System 5 year vested. In order to retire with Health benefits you need to work a total of 10 continuous years with the county and be 55.
Suffolk County Municipal Employees Benefit Fund.
· Short Term and Long Term Disability
· Dental and optical coverage
· Annual Prescription, hearing aid and specialist co-pay reimbursement
· All Members receive $50,000 of guaranteed life insurance at no cost.
· Financial and Retirement planning assistance
· Tax preparation reimbursement
· Legal assistance benefits
· Bereavement and survivor death benefits
· Identity & Fraud Protection
Starting at $52,017
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $52,017.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overnight shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Riverhead, NY 11901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must Pass a Background Check
- Master’s (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Haitian Creole (Preferred)
- Licensed Certified Social Worker (Preferred)
- LMSW (Preferred)
Work Location: One location