The successful candidate will identify, develop, maintain on-campus and community job sites. To be responsible for working with staff and on-campus supervisors to develop and maintain quality job sites.
- Based upon the principles of Daily Life Therapy develop and implement Individualized Education Program goals and objectives for employment education, integrating social and community goals within job sites.
- Responsible for working with staff on identifying appropriate skills prerequisite to a job placement.
- Work with the Master Teacher in identifying work sites for the students.
- Write comprehensive annual educational assessments based on daily observations and interactions in the areas of employment education and social skills.
- Complete quarterly progress reports.
- Participate in all student activities including: extensive physical exercise, and other various forms of exercise including lifting, standing, squatting and jogging one to three miles daily.
- Participate in activities/lessons/job sites along with students, as a role model and motivator.
- Responsible for communicating student progress to the parents, Master Teacher and Division Director.
- Responsible for serving as a contributing member with the other Employment Specialists on developing successful teaching strategies, as well as curriculum and program improvements in accordance with the Curriculum Frameworks and Daily Life Therapy.
- Develop teaching materials and methods tailored to each student and job site.
- Responsible for participating in TEAM meetings for students when appropriate.Responsible for developing a Professional Development Plan with the assistance of the Master Teacher.Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Master Teacher, Division Director and/or Principal. As part of the reasonable requests made in the Employment Education program, y, certain off-campus work sites (generally, hospitals) may require our employees who work as job coaches there to take and pass a drug screening test and medical requirements above and beyond what BHS requires. Additionally, there may be driving requirements. Please see attached addendum for information surrounding these types of requests.Keep an open line of communication with residential teachers regarding students.
- Attend all Boston Higashi School events and participate in assigned committees.
- Attend morning, afternoon and division meetings daily.
- Complete all required staff training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorder (preferred)
- Ability to comply with the methodology of Daily Life Therapy
- Must possess initiative and excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional, and able to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Must have valid driver’s license