exp Federal is an established, collaborative, and growing full-service architectural and engineering firm that provides a full range of design solutions and construction support to the federal government. Our team of professionals operates in some of the most challenging environments to provide support services to a variety of governmental agencies globally. We enjoy what we do and are good at it.
We are seeking a Junior Structural Engineer to join our growing team. Ideal candidates are independent thinkers, self-motivated, communicate proactively, and enjoy collaborating with other disciplines throughout the design process.
Principle Areas of Responsibility
- Assit in developing plans and details for foundations, buildings, and structures based on preliminary concepts, sketches, calculations, or verbal instructions.
- Understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
- Assist in developing structural models and project drawings using Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Using third-party applications to generate drawings based on specific project requirements is a plus
- Understand, the layout, and size of fundamental systems: storm, sanitary, vent, water, and gas.
- Research product information to assist designers in the selection and specification of architectural materials, products, and equipment.
- Assist in conducting site surveys and create accurate existing condition documents.
- Assist the Marketing Team with solicitations.
- 0-5 years of experience of A/E experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to assemble construction drawing sets, structural reports, and calculations.
- Experience with structural systems, including, but not limited to, design of steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, trusses, and foundations.
- Proficient at using structural analysis software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work collaboratively and simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, client-focused, and positive team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel for projects.
- U.S. citizen and able to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience in federal design and projects preferred.
- Proficiency with REVIT is highly preferred.
What We Offer
- ⌚ Exponential full-time professional growth and development
- ⏩ Fast-paced and professional work culture
- ⚕ ️Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company HSA funding contributions
- Company-sponsored Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) employer match up to 4%
- ️Wellness reimbursement on fitness memberships and other qualified programs
- ️ Pre-tax funds on qualified transportation and parking expenses
- Learning & Development tuition reimbursement
- ️ Flexible work schedules
- ️ Generous PTO policy
Exp Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.