- Responsible for the supervision of the admittance guidelines for entrance to the beaches
- Know and enforce all rules and regulations pertaining to the Evanston Lakefront
- Attend staff training sessions
- Collect daily tickets and check beach tokens at the beach entrances
- Responsible for effective and appropriate communication to patrons
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by supervisors and program coordinator
- Maintain a clean and safe beach environment
- Responsible for care and maintenance of equipment and storage areas
- Complete written reports such as accident, incident and the like on a timely basis
- Ability to work Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Minimum Reasoning ability usually associated with this classification:
- Minimum Language ability usually associated with this classification:
Parks, Recreation & Community Services – Seasonal
Dempster St. Beach Office
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
Read: Ability to read staff manuals, memoranda, and attendance sheets.
Write: Ability to complete daily log sheets, accident reports, incident reports, jump reports, first-aid reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
Chosen candidates will be subject to a background check and drug/alcohol screen.
The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer and ensures against discrimination in employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status, source of income, housing status, or gender identity. The City of Evanston is also committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Any person needing mobility or communications access assistance should contact Human Resources at 847-448-8204 (voice) or 847-866-5095 (TTY)