Position Title: Lead Technical Support Specialist
Requisition Number: req2996
Compensation: 18.21 – 25.49
Job Grade: NE17
Department: Information Technology Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Provides advanced hardware, software and network support and technical training for a wide range of user organizations across the CNM college campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical guidance and support to users and staff on a variety of comprehensive and complex hardware and software issues.
- Maintains high customer service standards in response to customer issues and questions.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves complex hardware problems on computer systems; and performs advanced hardware repairs, maintenance, technical assistance and support.
- Analyzes and resolves problems on complex computer applications and systems; provides a wide range of technical assistance to departmental user support staff.
- Provides advanced technical assistance, support and troubleshooting in resolution of systems communication failures and conflicts.
- Maintains broad knowledge of current computer technology, equipment and systems; and participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, OSHA standards, and wear personal protective gear if required.
- Associate’s Degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
- Four (4) years related experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
As a condition of employment CNM requires all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 1, 2021. All students, faculty and staff must provide documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). All documentation to verify vaccination or exemptions must be provided.