Two years of full-time experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled tradesperson; OR completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services, such as the New York State Civil Service Employees Association-Partnership (NYS CSEA-P) Applied Skilled Trades Certificate Program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of appropriate technical courses at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services.
1. Operate heavy equipment such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, loaders, etc.
2. Operate light equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, drills, power saws, etc.
3. Perform a variety of tasks utilizing power and manual hand tools including but not limited to: saws, hammers, drills, sanders, and stationary power tools.
4. Possess the ability to perform a variety of construction trades including but not limited to masonry, carpentry, and electrical.
5. Supervise seasonal DEC staff or Green Thumb staff as necessary.
6. Possession of a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
Must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain Must be able to work in remote areas. Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions. Travel may be required. Overtime may be required. Overnight travel may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 80 pounds.
This is a seasonal, hourly appointment with an anticipated end date of 03/31/2023. Program needs and funding will determine actual termination date.