Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is one of the largest community colleges in the United States and the largest public educational institution in Virginia with more than 70,000 students and over 3,400 faculty and staff members. We welcome students of all ages from all backgrounds with the ultimate goal of ensuring every student succeeds, every program achieves, and every community prospers. NOVA is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable Virginia by fostering excellence in higher education. We offer more than 100 degrees at the associate’s level, certificate programs, distance learning programs through NOVA Online as well as continuing education courses through Workforce Development.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, use of PC’s and peripherals such as scanners, printers, portable storage devices.
- Ability to perform data entry, compose written documents and scan documents.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to be an effective team contributor;
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written;
- Ability to follow directions, handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
- High initiative, positive attitude and attention to detail are essential.
- Experience in work with databases
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior administrative support or customer service experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Facilities department experience
- Experience in a college or a state agency.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.