YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Manager I will oversee services with medium to high complexity and/or low to medium maturity. Blend of well-defined and new services with planned re-engineering in process or planned. They will work with limited input and direction from Technology Product Owner. Partners with Vendor Management Office to participate in contract analysis and competitive market assessment for vendor selection process.
- Develop and define clear core work definitions, process flows and operating models; demonstrate the complete life cycle and capabilities of the Service
- Guide and analyze benchmarking, trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance
- Bring external perspective and ideas from relevant sources, keep current with technology, government/policy impacts and industry best practices
- Partner with Enterprise Architects to determine and define the technical architecture required to implement and support the Service
- Evaluates the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defined KPIs and SLAs and ensures service levels are achieved in line with SLAs and SLOs
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Ensure effective and efficient allocation of staff resources (supply) to service projects and initiatives (demand) by scoping out length and duration of projects
- Establish workforces by identifying the skills required to fulfill project portfolio needs and provide a steady availability of high-quality resources
- Perform benchmarking and trend analysis to incorporate continuous improvement or defined enhancements into the Service(s) functions
- Partner with Technology Product Owners, ISD Resource Managers, and Vendor Managers to ensure that the right resources (skills, competencies, team size) are available and obtainable
- Provide constructive and actionable feedback to resources, Technology Product Owners, ISD Resource Managers, and Vendor Managers to ensure expected performance and satisfy service SLAs
- Ensures compliance with Navy Federal’s ISD standards, practices, and processes
- Ensure clear, concise, and effective communication of material
- Performs supervisory/managerial duties:
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
o Leadership Level
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Exposure to leading, guiding, and coaching professional staff
- Exposure to resource allocation and management
- Exposure to managing personnel and information technology resources
- Working knowledge of Service Life Cycle
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
- Exposure to working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
- Effectively skillful in presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
- Working knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
- Effective skill relationship building, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
- Knowledge of Navy Federal REL Servicing applications
- Certification in appropriate area: SAFe, Scrum Master, DevOps, PMP, ITIL, etc.
- Experience with Service Now and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience with Real Estate Lending servicing
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $95,600- $187,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.