At Hexagon US Federal we provide cutting-edge technologies and a wide range of professional services to enable our customers to make smarter and faster operational decisions and improve mission effectiveness.
Hexagon US Federal is an independent subsidiary of Hexagon Corporation exclusively focused on bringing the broad range of Hexagon technologies to the US Federal government and its partners.
Locations: Chantilly, VA (HQ); Huntsville, AL; Warner Robins, GA; St. Louis, MO; Lexington Park, MD, and other client sites across the US
Awards and Recognition: Certified Great Place to Work
A day in the life of a Manufacturing Technician:
Under direct supervision, exercises judgement in performing electrical, mechanical assembly, and inspection of computer systems and/or computer components and subassemblies. Must be capable of performing successfully in more than one job function in a manufacturing department such as wiring, crimping, inspection, etc. May assist Group Leader in instructing lower-level Production Operators and machines to maintain quality of parts, components, and sub-assemblies. Participates in quality, cost reduction, and time saving programs. May validate Bill of Materials. Should be able to read and interpret basic electrical schematics or engineering drawings.
This job is for you if you:
Enjoy installing servers, network switches, storage devices, and Power Distribution Units (PDU) into server racks according to specific rack elevations and specifications. Additional responsibilities will include cabling devices to network switches or to other devices, attaching device power cords to PDUs, applying labels to all cables, and loading racks into shipping crates.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Preferred candidates will have at least six months of experience with computer rack integration projects.
- Experience with installing and dressing cables (CAT6, fiber, power, etc.)
- Experience or ability to install computer peripherals into servers and/or computer rack systems.
- Must be able to lift 5olbs+.
- Ability to efficiently unpack computer equipment from their shipping boxes and organize the components for integration.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to comprehend rack elevation diagrams, cabling diagrams, and labeling specifications.
- Work as part of a cohesive team with the ability to take direction from management.
- Must be willing to learn quickly, multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- Assist with loading completed racks into shipping crates.
- Follow safety and security procedures.
- Assist with keeping the job site clean and efficient.
- Ability to stand and work on a ladder when working at the top of a server rack.
- Perform validation of work completed and to remediate build, assembly or cabling that are not compliant with the specifications.
- High school or GED equivalent education and three or more years of applicable manufacturing production experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical schematic diagrams is necessary.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Required Level of Security Clearance: None
What we will provide in return:
- Competitive health care plans with savings accounts
- Dental and vision plans
- 401k with 100% company match up to 6%, with immediate vesting on company match
- Life and disability insurance
- Learning Management System with robust offerings
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Flexible hybrid and remote working arrangements where possible
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Thrive Wellness Program
- DE&I Committee with regular educational sessions and communications
- Leadership Development Program with multiple learning options
Hexagon US Federal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.