374 New Bethel Church Rd
Fredonia KY 42411 USA
The mission of DOC is to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth and to provide a safe, secure and humane environment for staff and offenders in carrying out the mandates of the legislative and judicial processes; and, to provide opportunities for offenders to acquire skills which facilitate non-criminal behavior.
The Mechanical Maintenance and Operations Technician III at Western Kentucky Correctional Complex (WKCC) acts as a lead worker in the maintenance and operation of associated systems and equipment at the institution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspects assigned area projecting maintenance needs in consultation with the appropriate department heads.
- Performs all preventative maintenance for their assigned work area and coordinates work with other skilled trade areas (plumbers, electricians, etc.)
- Inspects equipment and responsible for determining equipment needs and order parts as needed.
- Supervises the support teams that perform work within assigned area.
- Prepares reports and ensures documentation as needed.