Medical Office Manager
Medical Office Manager
School of Medicine
The Medical Office Manager will function in a supervisory role for the Mercer Medicine Hamilton (Harris County) Rural Clinic. This position will act as liaison between physicians, staff and upper management and ensure upper management is kept abreast of pertinent information. This position will also have oversight of the day to day to operations of the physician practice, including full supervision of support staff. While this position doesn’t require knowledge of healthcare system operations, it would be preferable. Medical coding and billing is also a plus. Ultimately, the incumbent should be able to ensure steady workflows and uninterrupted service in our medical facility. The candidate should be able to multi-task by providing direct support and assisting with patient care, as well as handling multiple phone calls and managing day to day operations. This person must be willing to promote teamwork and cohesion among staff members.
A high school diploma or GED and one year of healthcare office experience, to include hands on computer knowledge of electronic medical records. Two years of supervisory experience in the medical setting or in another professional field are minimally required. Candidates with an active and current CPR certification are preferred. Additionally, candidates with certification/license in a healthcare related field (Nursing, LPN, CMA, Echocardiography, etc.) with current license in Georgia or eligible for Georgia licensure are highly desired.
- Management and customer service skills to include a professional but friendly disposition. Flexibility and a willingness to accept change and lead a team of medical staff. Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and autonomously. Demonstrates initiative, flexibility with various job requirements, positive attitude, and willingness to learn and perform new tasks
Commensurate with experience
Resume, Cover Letter, References
Applicants should be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have at least one year of healthcare office experience?
- Do you have at least two years of supervisory experience?
- Describe your prior supervisory experience.
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
All faculty and staff, excluding student employees, on-call staff and adjunct faculty teaching online only, are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved medical or religious exemption by the University. New hires will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination card or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption by the University before their first day of employment.
Eastern Daylight Time
Open until filled