Purpose of the Job
The MFC Coordinator supports and assists the MFC Manager in day-to-day operations of the Member Financial Center by coordinating activities and schedules consistent with established goals, objectives and policies.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensures smooth operation of Member Financial Center through leadership skills.
- Ensures consistent adherence to Credit Union member service standards throughout every member-owner interaction including problem resolution.
- Drives efforts in the Member Financial Center to identify and implement service behaviors that improve the overall member experience.
- Provides direction and structure for Member Financial Center team to be in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Makes Business Partner and Business Service calls on both current and prospective businesses so that these contacts are identified, added, enrolled and serviced.
- Responds to security and audit findings and monitors operations to be in compliance.
- Supervises scheduling of staff to maximize member service.
- Directly supervises staff in the absence of the MFC Manager.
- Assists MFC Manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Helps in planning, assigning, and directing work as well as appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Independently performs all MSR functions accurately and efficiently as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have understanding of credit union operations, financial products, services and delivery systems
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have basic arithmetic skills
- Must be able to resolve member complaints and coach others
- Must have strong PC skills with basic skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years previous experience in the financial or retail industry required
- Must have at least one year related supervisory experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the following areas: Branch Operations (vault, security, scheduling, opening/closing procedures), Consumer/Mortgage Lending and Staff Development.