YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- 2021 People Companies that Care
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- Provide member service (Customer Service) via phone or other media (e.g. email, chat, etc.)
- Protect and verify identity of caller; review account information for alerts and account irregularities
- Take action and respond to situations/patterns of activity indicating potential fraud or abuse
- Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
- Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
- Counsel current prospective members about Navy Federal’s products and services
- Execute first call resolution; may require research, follow-up, return calls
- Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
- Perform account transactions
- Initiate fee adjustments and/or other monetary incentives for members within scope of authority
- Effectively perform all duties required for MSRs – CCO
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
- Working knowledge of savings and checking products, accounts and services
- Familiarity with applicable NCUA and federal regulations governing consumer lending, credit cards, mortgage andequity loans, and/or savings and checking accounts
- Effective skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
- Effective skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
- Effective skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
- Effective skill performing basic mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
- Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
- Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective skill in resolving member/customer problems
- Desired – Experience in high volume call center situations
- Desired – Working knowledge of accounting, credit and/or lending principles and techniques
- Desired – Working knowledge of NFCU Contact Center procedures, policies and practices
- Desired – Basic skill in using appropriate cross servicing techniques and member engagement methods
Hours: Monday – Saturday, Sunday – Friday; Shifts starting at 11:00am CST and later
Location: 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $19.50 hourly to $23.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.