Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, this full-time, non-exempt hourly role assists members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. The Member Service Representative/Teller offers financial solutions to member concerns and uses problem solving to meet member’s needs. Tasked to assist in connecting members with the correct channel of services including, but not limited to, member development officers and back office services. Responsible to manage branch vaults, ATMs, and order money.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
1. Receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments; sell money orders and travelers checks to members; transfer amounts from member accounts as directed.
2. Inspect and approve for deposit or cash all checks in the amount of $1000 or more, following established guidelines for check approval.
3. Welcome members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate departments for specific information and services.
4. Assist in the training of new employees in office or branch procedures. Assist in closing procedures at night.
5. Cross-sell credit union services.
6. Answer department or branch phones promptly.
7. Balance cash drawer and conduct daily transactions. Perform routine cash drawer checks.
8. Cooperate and work together as a team with coworkers, maintain a neat work area, and perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
9. Practice confidentiality where indicated in employee matters and credit union operations.
10. Responsible for managing branch vaults – including balancing vault, buying cash from other tellers, entering vault totals, buying cash for vault etc.
11. Responsible for the Ceto report daily.
12. Open new member share and share draft accounts following established Credit Union guidelines. Assist members in the balancing of accounts.
Qualifications and Certifications*
- A high school education or GED required.
- 7 months – 1 year of similar or related experience required.
Job Type: Full-time