La Capitol’s culture is rooted deep in our core values. We commit ourselves to giving outstanding service. We believe that it is an honor and a privilege to serve our members and we pride ourselves in making them our top priority.
Our mission is to improve the financial wellbeing of our members! This is our focus and passion. However, this passion cannot be sustained without employing the best people around. Companies like to talk about their talent, but at La Capitol Federal Credit Union, we like to demonstrate our passion in the way we do our jobs. Simply put, we expect the best and look for the best from our employees. Purpose, drive and yes, passion; they are all here. If you are looking for that kind of energy and vision, we are always looking for great people!
At La Capitol FCU we don’t just offer our employees a job, we offer career opportunities. Do you want to be the newest member of our team? Apply now if so!
We are currently hiring for Member Service Specialist in our Baton Rouge region.
Our Member Service Specialist (MSS) assists our members with their financial needs, by providing outstanding member service, not limited to, receiving/processing loan applications, opening deposit accounts, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all products and procedures, and reviewing member accounts and/or consumer reports and utilizing that information to aide in cross-selling products to improve members financial well-being. Our MSS must deliver outstanding service to both internal and external members, have an outgoing personality, be dependable, accurate, professional, and meet on-going training expectations to stay knowledgeable of policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- include but are not limited to the following:
- Possesses adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.
- Represents the credit union to members in a courteous and professional manner, provides prompt, efficient and accurate service. Must be able to maintain a professional image at all times.
- Provides outstanding member service in a timely manner through multiple channels including but not limited to email, face to face interaction, and telephone.
- Provides specific service-related information concerning credit union services and policies.
- Is fully informed of policies and procedures regarding credit union products and services.
- Accepts accountability, maintains accuracy and ensures security of member information.
- Achieves minimum standards and expectations related to product sales, cross sells and funding.
- Addresses member complaints, requests, assist with completion of forms, such as direct deposit and payroll.
- Opens new accounts and service existing accounts.
- Completes all necessary paperwork including sending new member letters, internal documents and reports.
- Checks new account paperwork completed by others for accuracy.
- Places check orders for members.
- Maintains contact with new members regarding products, services and customer service experiences.
- Processes loans including origination, signing loan documents and placing follow-up calls.
- Promotes credit union products and services through public relations activities at offsite new and existing member locations.
- Provides information to members on investment alternatives.
- Provides support to Member Services department by balancing ATMs, working the vault and night deposits as needed.
- Provides backup Member Services by operating a cash drawer as necessary.
- Provides backup to Engagement Center as necessary
- Assists with office reports such as, but not limited to, negative balance, no birth dates, delinquent loans, and NSF reports.
- Supports Credit Union service initiatives, such as the Lender Development program..
- Communicates member feedback to various teams—including technical and marketing departments—in order to improve the overall member experience
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to credit union services including, but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, Reg P and Patriot Act
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Banking: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Credit report reading: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location