Please create a profile when applying for this position
Notice to applicants
It is Northeastern State University’s policy that all newly hired employees must provide an original social security card during the hiring process. Failure to provide an original social security card will delay the hiring process and ability to begin employment.
This position leads the design, trouble shooting and implementation of various building automation hardware and computer software systems maintenance teams.
- Leads the design, trouble shooting and implementation of various building automation hardware and computer software systems, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties to perform installation, programming, inspection, testing, and repair of pneumatic, electric, electronic, and digital control equipment related to at least one of the following systems: Energy management, air conditioning, fume hoods, exhaust systems, chilled and hot water systems, fire alarms and other HVAC controls and campus energy management system (EMS) to meet both comfort and energy conservation requirements.
- Supervises the work of the Building Automation Technician I
- Writes and debugs programs for the building automation system
- Coordinates university and contractor’s personnel when needed for additions and modifications of building automation systems
- Prepares project cost estimates
- Monitors work progress and job costs on building automation systems
- Makes recommendations to HVAC Supervisor regarding revisions to the building automation hardware and associated building-automation system functions
- Troubleshoots, repairs, or coordinates repair of building-automation –system console communications equipment including modems and data circuits
- Prepares drawings and diagrams of system additions or revisions after installation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of electronic, electrical and mechanical systems and digital and pneumatic controls.
- Programming DDC controllers with DOS-based line programming and digital management software, including Windows-based block programming of Lon Network Controllers and Webctrl micro block programing systems for BacNet controllers.
- Knowledge of BacNet and Lon communications protocols and devices.
- Knowledge of Computers and various operating systems and software. Basic network configuration capabilities.
- Experience with basic diagnostic equipment, including multimeters.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical information to technical and not-technical people.
- Ability to read and understand control drawings, electronic schematics, electrical diagrams and construction drawings.
- Analytical ability for problem solving
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The technical nature of the job makes this job complicated, especially for entry level personnel.
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical skills in the installation, operation and maintenance of electronic, Direct Digital Controls (DDC), HVAC, pneumatic, and related building controls.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. You will be expected to lift light objects of less than 24 pounds, occasionally lift heavy objects, of 25 pounds or more and you will be climbing ladders, using tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- The work is typically performed in an office, outdoors, in noisy areas, with exposure to grease, dust, dirt, etc. In addition, this position is exposed to machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals and the work is performed outdoors and occasionally in cold or inclement weather. This work requires me to use protective devices; i.e. Goggles, back brace, appropriate clothing and shoes, gloves and masks.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, two years’ college/vocational/technical training in building automation, HVAC control technology, electronics or coursework in computer network management.
- This position requires an OSHA 30 certification and an Oklahoma driver’s license
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience
Annual salary $29,040.00 with excellent benefits, including generous leave time
Projected hire date October 17, 2022
Applications accepted until October 1, 2022
NOTE: Posting will close to applicants at ll:59 p.m., CST, on the date above. An application cannot be changed after it has been submitted.