YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Quickly learn and maintain functional knowledge of evolving industry technologies, concepts, and trends
• Solid understanding of large-scale applications, network architectures, monitoring, and fault management
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to internal customers and other ISD staff
• Recommend, develop, and maintain standard operating procedures for supported systems
• Create, review, and modify diagrams, schematics and other technical documents and templates
• Establish technical direction, develop, and initiate activities and assignments, organize and coordinate plans and efforts
• Conduct engineering and technical research and make recommendations on proposed solutions; anticipates and adjusts for potential problems
• Participate in technology research, deployment, and configuration of new and modified systems for on-premises and in the cloud
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to investigate and diagnose system and product defects, and collaborate with internal technical teams and vendors for resolution
• Recommend design modifications to maximize availability and performance
• Ensure security and integrity of system and product solutions
• Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices
• Ensure compliance with applicable standards for information security
• Train, guide, and mentor less experienced staff
• Oversee the design and implementation of system and product solutions
• Review and interpret system and product requirements. Analyze system requirement documents and other data to evaluate feasibility
• Consult with engineers and other ISD staff to implement standard operating procedures and provide technical expertise and direction
• Document new system components and monitoring requirements to existing components
• Coordinate with other ISD and business unit staff regarding implementation and modification of system and product solutions
• Analyzes and make recommendations regarding performance, scalability, and availability metrics
• Investigate operational or business problems and propose solutions
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union ISD standards and best practices
• Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying, and evaluating alternatives, and presenting the findings
• Present complete and organized documentation of processes, systems, and data
• Identify and analyze opportunities for new monitoring technology and stay abreast of the latest monitoring technology and trends.
• Presents consistent, concise, relevant, reliable, and timely information to all appropriate internal and external audiences/stakeholders through a variety of media
• Ensures accuracy of information and coordinates between support and development teams to ensure effective delivery of monitoring services to the end-user
• Supporting the service support and service delivery goals for operational performance of the monitoring systems including: Deployment of new products and services, Management of false positives and negatives, Configuration, release, and change management, Implementation of core applications supporting monitoring service support
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-5 years Network Monitoring experience Cisco Routing and switching, Bluecoat proxy, F5 Loadbalancers, Infoblox, Genesys Voice equipment
• Worked with Cisco network devices (e.g., Cisco ACI)
• Strong experience with LogicMonitor Monitoring tools such as Network Performance, Network Configuration Manager, Netflow and Spectrum .
• Strong experience with configuration of Netflow, sFLow.
• Experience monitoring in Azure environment
• SNMPv3, v2c configuration and trap expertise
• TCP and other network protocols (BGP routing and other routing protocols) knowledge
• Application monitoring experience in synthetic user monitoring, web service/api monitoring
• Keysight IXIa Packet Broker Configuration and management
• Server OS knowledge and experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM | On-call support required
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $95,600 – $163,500 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.