Pay Range : $18.00 + Based on experience
Job Summary: Supervises the Customer Service Front End Registers functions.
Duties and Responsibilities: Supervises main store customer service clerks. Takes and processes special orders. Follows up with customers, vendors, procurement, and distribution personnel to ensure special orders and merchandise orders are processed and received promptly and efficiently.
- Processes layaways and layaway payments. Ensures customer balances due are accurate and current.
- Completes layaway inventories and reconciliations.
- Promotes customer satisfaction.
- Resolves customer complaint and provides information to customers on all types of NEX retail policies and programs. Coordinates all in-store aspects of the Star Card program.
- Supervises front end register including scheduling staffing, training, and performance reviews. Ensures associates are aware of store promotions, policies, procedures and programs. Ensures all front-end equipment, cash registers etc. is available and properly maintained.
- Schedules and conducts store training programs regarding customer service, cash handling etc. for retail store associates.
- Carries out and exemplifies the NEX policy of courtesy and customer service. ,
- Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
GENERAL EXPERIENCE 1 year responsible experience in clerical office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE 1 1/2 years progressively responsible experience in retail sales performing the kind of duties which constitute the principal work of the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Study completed in a college, university or junior college above the high school level may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for 6 months of experience. At any level specialized experience may be substituted for required general experience. Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess or have potential to develop the qualities of successful supervision.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043. Those not fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC as two weeks after a person have received the requisite number of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, may be required to adhere to COVID-19 testing protocols.