Pay Range : $16.19 + Based on experience
Job Summary: Performs a full range of cleaning tasks involved in the maintenance of a designated area utilizing heavy industrial type equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities: Receives specific oral or written instructions and assignments from supervisor or crew leader. Work is reviewed frequently for cleanliness and performance.
- Maintains a specific area orderly and clean. Sets up own schedule and sequence which states the required frequency of each task.
- Scrubs strips, waxes, and polishes floors using heavy industrial type vacuum cleaner. Adjusts, cleans and oils these machines and changes brushes, rollers, buffers, and other attachments. Sweeps floor, hallways, empties garbage, dusts office furniture, and empties ash trays, shampoos rugs, cleans air vents, disinfects and deodorizes toilet bowls, lavatories etc.
- Washes and replaces venetian blinds, and washes ceiling fixtures, changes light bulbs, and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds.
- Cleans and maintains machines, equipment, and makes adjustments accordingly. Reports all equipment malfunctions to supervisor and performs minor repairs to equipment.
- Removes stains from a variety of surfaces such as rugs, drapes, walls, floors, and fixtures by use of chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Moves heavy furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Cleans windows and doors inside and out at ground levels.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the above duties on a limited basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and working from ladders and scaffolds. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing about 40 pounds and occasionally objects weighing over 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS Indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Occasionally exposed to skin irritations from strong cleaning solutions. Possibility exists of serious disabling injury as a result of electrical shocks from power cleaning equipment or from falling scaffolds or ladders
Six months experience performing cleaning tasks using industrial type cleaning equipment.
Physical requirements Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving setting up and working from ladders and scaffolds. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing about 40 pounds and occasionally objects weighing over 50 pounds.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement purusant to Executive Order 14043. Those not fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC as two weeks after a person have received the requisite number of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, may be required to adhere to COVID-19 testing protocols.