Duties And Responsibilities
- Proactively engage and make a connection with customers.
- Asking questions and listening to customer s needs.
- Directing customers to merchandise informing them about upcoming events promotions mobile offers STAR card
- Provide premier customer service.
- Cooperate and build positive inclusive and respectful relationships take accountability for your own actions and outcomes.
- Maintaining store appearance.
- Cross-selling products and knowing layout of the store.
- Make suggestions to customer on latest trends and current promotions based on customer s individual needs.
- Upselling products.
- Learning product features keeping up with the latest trends leveraging company tools and technology to confidently provide the customer with product knowledge specs.
- Using a Point-of-Sales system processing cash exchanges discounts gift cards credit cards debit cards cash handling including counting money and returning accurate amounts to customer.
- Completing various forms of paperwork reports and reconciliation
- Be the keeper of merchandise complete all inventory processes and make sure merchandise is properly checked in and accurately ticketed. May participate in periodic inventories
- Adherence to assigned work schedule. Accurate and complete follow through on work assignments
- Other Duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of products merchandise
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read write and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers peers and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition subtraction multiplication and division.
- Ability to multi-task while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position involves constant moving talking hearing reaching grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping kneeling crouching and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision color vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 25 lbs. and up to 50lbs in some departments. Work typically performed indoors but may be assigned outdoors depending upon location.
Enthusiastic friendly and energetic with a desire to provide outstanding service.
Available to work a variety of hours which may include early mornings evenings weekends and holidays.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043. Those not fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC as two weeks after a person have received the requisite number of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, may be required to adhere to COVID-19 testing protocols
United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
Oceana Package Store
Flexible (0 – 19.5 hours)
Nov 1, 2022, 10:59:00 PM