LOCATION: Owens Campus – Las Vegas, NV
STATUS: FT/40hrs/wk – Flex Schedule Night/Graveyard Shift
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking to fill a Night Supervisor position at our Owens Campus. The Successful candidiate will have the ability to lead a team of employees and work in a team setting with other professionals, and have excellent detail, organization, and file management skills. This position is benefit eligible and comes with vacation, sick, health, vision, life insurance, and more.
The Night Supervisor will act as a strategic partner on a collaborative team to ensure the Owen’s Campus is safe and secure for all invitees. This position will act as manager on duty for all campus staff during assigned shift. This person will supervise & oversee security functions to ensure a safe, drug free, & sanitary environment for all residents, clients/guests, & personnel. This position will develop and maintain positive relations with homeless clients/guests, residential clients, staff and local authorities. Other duties will include but are not limited to reviewing campus monitor logs, maintaining written logs, and patrolling the property to ensure transient homeless and client guests are not in restricted areas and driveways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or a related field required.
- Graduate of a certified Security Training Program, or one year of training and experience in the security field preferred.
- Minimum of 4-years experience in social services, welfare or non-profit administration including staff management
- Minimum 3 years of security experience and supervision of subordinate staff members.
- Multi-tasking, self-starter, with demonstrated initiative and drive requiring little or no supervision
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use current Microsoft software computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HMIS, Adobe, e-mail, and the internet.
- Excellent detail, organization, and file management skills.
- Ability to lead a team of employees and work in a team setting with other professionals.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Knowledge of implementing workplace safety training programs for staff and clients
- Must have excellent interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prior training and experience in crowd management and/or conflict mediation resolution.
- Must be articulate, even-tempered and have keen observation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to command respect and promote adherence to policy and core vision of Integrity, Unity & Excellence
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Must be able to succesfully complete a criminal background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. Must be able to walk a 5-acre campus on a 12% grade. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.