Candidates must currently be permanent as an Office Assistant 1, Keyboarding and eligible for a lateral transfer, OR one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding (formerly Keyboard Specialist 1) OR be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Section 70.1 allows a permanent, competitive class employee, who has at least one year of permanent service in a transferable title such as Office Assistant 1, and Office Assistant 1, Calculations to transfer to an Office Assistant 1, Keyboarding provided they can demonstrate appropriate keyboarding skills.
Candidates who are not transferring from a keyboarding title must possess adequate keyboarding skills (i.e. the ability to type 30 words per minute corrected) as demonstrated by passing the keyboarding
Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program under the Governor’s Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Based on federal and/or state regulations, this position requires vaccination against COVID-19. Upon appointment, the selected candidate must be fully vaccinated, or willing to become fully vaccinated, against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of interview may not start working until two weeks after their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Provide the full range of support services: copying, scanning, prepare correspondence, type from handwritten reports, charts, etc., correct and format draft documents using computer software as appropriate to assignment, proofread documents for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Receive, review and distribute incoming mail. Review and distribute outgoing correspondence, making sure that appropriate protocols are followed. Screen incoming mail for assigned staff.
- Answer telephone calls and inquiries. Refer telephone calls to appropriate staff, and screen visitors including Issuing building passes and keys from lock box.
- Use various computer applications to prepare documents and reports and track data/processes as requested and provide backup support as needed.
- Data entry including timesheet exceptions for employees, maintenance work orders, Cbord program for inventory, the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and additional entry as needed.
- Office Supply inventory maintenance including sorting, organizing, and replenishment of
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees’ unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.