Safely monitor and supervise all site operations and employees while ensuring all equipment is in proper working order. Provide leadership, which results in positive employee/employer relations. Project a professional corporate image, effective resource management, a sound risk management program, high production standards and business expansion and profitable operations.
- Sustain a productive and motivated workforce by screening, selecting, hiring, training and developing and evaluating personnel required to meet service commitments.
- Adhere to all wage and hour laws and compensate personnel for services rendered in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure safe working conditions at each job.
- Develop and implement an effective preventive maintenance program that reduces down time, reduces maintenance costs and results in lowest cost of service possible.
- Schedule and conduct safety meetings and document attendees and topics covered. Ensure employees follow safety guidelines and perform duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Manage inventory of supplies and materials.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) or more years experience in the waste industry desired (landfill or transfer operations preferred).
- One (1) year supervisory experience.
- Combination of education and/or experience.
- For Transfer Stations must possess (within 60 days of hire) a SWANA certified transfer station operator.
- For Landfills must have one (1) years of experience operating horizontal baler and bobcat/forklift. Also must successfully complete training for certification in the removal of Freon and handling of hazardous materials (i.e. motor oil, lead-acid batteries, PCB’s, and CFC’s, etc.)
GFL Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
General Business, Transportation, Management