Select, supervise and train employees in their respective position to ensure safe, professional and efficient service in assigned branch. Provide leadership which results in positive employee/employer relations and a professional corporate image.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and discipline all product line personnel.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems as they arise.
- Ensure fair treatment of all personnel.
- Establish and maintain high appearance standards throughout all operations.
- Practice progressive discipline with all employee performance issues.
- Ensure proper completion of paperwork for drivers including truck reports, driver logs and vehicle inspections daily.
- Ensure proper scheduling of drivers and toter/helpers.
- Conduct an annual review on each employee’s job performance evaluation and submit for approval any changes to an employee’s compensation.
- Adhere to all wage and hour guidelines.
- Establish priorities to meet customer service commitments.
- Monitor customer satisfaction by ensuring daily completion of routes, customer receipt of containers and pick-ups of special and missed stops. Resolve customer complaints and issues
- Assist in the completion of scheduled route audits.
- Confer with Shop Supervisor to arranging for equipment to be released from service for inspection, service and repair.
- Direct collection and disposal services to best utilize personnel and equipment.
- Establish and review productivity standards at each phase of the operation.
- Protect and preserve all assets.
- Ensure all drivers are DOT compliant.
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Enter appropriate product line productivity into operating system on a daily basis.
- Maintain inventory of supplies (i.e., gloves, Gatorade, safety equipment, etc) with authorization of Facility/General Manager.
- Gather information required for monthly fuel report.
- Assist in development and execution of an operation profit plan that includes:
- Revenue retention & growth
- Cost of operations
- Growth objectives
- Productivity standards
- Capital requirements
- Personnel needed
- Ensure Branch profit margins are met
- Follow and promote internal audit requirements
- Promote an effective safety program that seeks to prevent accidents, avoid injuries and recognize safe employees.
- Investigate accidents and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Ensure route observations are completed on a routine basis.
- Schedule, plan, and conduct safety meetings (monthly).
- Ensure proper supply and usage of all safety equipment.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the waste industry or transportation industry and/or experience driving trucks preferred.
- At least one (1) year supervisory experience OR one (1) year as a GFL Environmental Lead Driver required.
GFL Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.