POSITION JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Overnight Security/Hotel Shuttle Driver
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
The Overnight Security/Hotel Shuttle Driver associate will be in the role of Security 2-3 nights per week and Hotel Shuttle Driver 2-3 nights per week. As a Security Officer, associate is responsible for patrolling the hotel parking lot and grounds at both properties to maintain a safe and secure environment for hotel guests and associates. The associate will report any safety or security disturbance immediately using both verbal and nonverbal reporting measures. The associate is responsible for completing a checklist while on foot patrol. As a Shuttle Driver, associate is responsible for picking up guests from the Airport, transporting to the hotel and assisting with luggage using exceptional customer service skills.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, gassed, and ready to go, noting any malfunction at the first sign.
- Transport guests safely to and from the property, assisting guests safely into and out of vehicle.
- Graciously welcome guests with open doors and luggage assistance.
- Will be required to report to work on time, always wear a clean uniform and visible name during schedules shift, as well as maintains a well-groomed and professional appearance while on property.
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness in shuttle at all times.
- Be able to give accurate directions and information regarding the immediate area
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Document all guest requests, complaints, or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation.
- Patrol parking lots of both Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites parking lots to observe and identify potential security and safety risks. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed. Report any suspicious behavior via radio to the supervisor on duty or Night Auditor.
- Maintain knowledge of: a) scheduled daily activities. b) daily arrivals/departures, house count. c) Features and services provided by the hotel. d) hours of operation of each outlet. e) Parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Investigate noise complaints, assist with medical emergencies, to ensure guest and associate safety and security.
- Collect information for the investigation of accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities. Document details and advice hotel management. Prepare daily reports.
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation.
- Has full knowledge, understanding and adheres of our company’s handbook, SOP’s, policies and processes.
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and communicates effectively while conveying patience and understanding.
- Treats all customers with dignity and respect and establishes a trusting relationship with them, while maintaining confidences.
- Works collaboratively with all Team Members and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all customers of the hotel.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by leadership.
At G Lodging, our core values which provide a guide for our decisions are:
- Do the Right Thing: demonstrate empathy, honor and integrity in all that we do.
- Think We, not Me: Together as a team we reach new heights in our work and community.
- Be Your Best Self: We are engaged, move with purpose, and serve with enthusiasm.
- Think Like a Guest, Act Like an Owner: Anticipate the needs of our guests and value our properties.
Drawn from our core values, each competency is built upon a set of basic behaviors that are shared by all associate, regardless of role which include:
- Integrity and Respect
- Teamwork and Relationships
- Job Excellence
High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Previous security experience, preferred.
- A track record of successful customer service.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Successful completion of criminal background.
- Must have a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling – repeated bending and kneeling required while filing,
- Mobility – must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Prolonged standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
- 95% of work is outside.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78741: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location