- Assists with and coordinates daily technical director operations and activities at the Arts & Culture facilities.
- The position is a paid internship reporting to the assigned Technical Director and Theatre Operations Manager. This position is 14 hour per week, Monday through Friday and possibly some weekends, with flexible hours to accommodate a school schedule.
- The candidate will have an opportunity to learn skills from the different positions that are held within the Arts & Culture division. A mentor will be assigned to guide and assist the intern’s development and growth.
- Candidates currently enrolled in coursework related to all aspects of Technical Direction; eg. stage lighting, production audio, theatrical rigging, or theatrical production management.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assist with operations of Arts & Cultures facilities and ensures buildings are maintained and operating safely and efficiently and are properly evacuated in case of emergencies.
- Coordinate with event management team to ensure that all events needs, and activities are planned and executed to the client’s satisfaction during events.
- Work with production team to coordinate needs of show.
- Advance upcoming events.
An “At Will”, FLSA non-exempt employee who is not eligible for County benefits and who must work an average of 29 hours or less per week or an average of 129 hours or less per month.
- Must work an average of 29 hours or less per week or an average of 129 hours or less per month.
- Are not eligible for County benefits except as otherwise provided for by policy.
- Are not considered merit employees.
- Are “at will” employees who may be terminated for any reason, without notice, and without a pre-termination hearing.