1. Under the direction of higher-level park operations staff, Park & Recreation Aides are responsible for general park and facility maintenance, customer service, and program support;
2. Employee maintains the park and facilities to ensure a clean and safe environment, which will include light duty maintenance, sanitizing of facilities, trash removal, and the use of a variety of hand and power-driven mechanical equipment such as mowers, blowers, and line trimmers;
3. Employee patrols the park and interacts with patrons to resolve questions, disseminate information, and provide excellent customer service;
4. Employee supports park programming; including event staffing, set-up, and break-down;
5. Employee periodically assists with maintenance and operations at other State Park facilities as needed;
- Applicants must be willing to work outdoors year-round and in all weather conditions;
- Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays;
- Applicant must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor and must be able to lift at least 30 pounds;
- Applicant must have the ability to effectively communicate with park patrons and partners;
- Applicants may be required to have and maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance on a variety of power-driven mechanical equipment including trucks, mowers, line trimmers is a plus.
- Applicants must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Applicants must enjoy working with people;
- Applicants must be willing to work assigned duties at NYS Parks throughout the NYC Region and the 5 Boroughs.