Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S) is a national nonprofit organization that rebuilds the shattered lives of the families and co-workers of officers who have died in the line of duty. C.O.P.S is looking for the right person to join our family as a part time custodian. This position will responsible for maintaining and cleaning our facility. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on our organization. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial jobs.
The part time custodian will be ensuring the following task are completed on a weekly, monthly or yearly schedule. 15-20 hours per week
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, sweeping, mopping, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Clean mirrors and windows
- Report major damages
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial tasks such as spreading salt on sidewalks, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department
- Lock and unlock windows, doors, and gates
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
- Pass a criminal background investigation and must be free of violent misdemeanor and felony convictions and arrest
Education: High school diploma
Experience: 1 year minimum experience required 3-5 years custodial work preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.50 – $15.00 per hour
- Self-determined schedule
- Are you wiling to undergo a background check , in accordance with local law/regulations?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodians: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location